Eureka is the world’s biggest public network for international cooperation in R&D and innovation. Since 1985, national and regional ministries and funding agencies in our network have supported the R&D of over 7,000 ground-breaking commercialised innovations that have positively impacted economic growth and industry competitiveness. With several programmes, our network funds international R&D projects for civilian purpose between SMEs, large companies, universities and research organisations.
The Brussels-based Eureka Secretariat supports the network’s strategic objectives, manages Eureka’s programme operations, develops and maintains IT platforms, stores data and promotes Eureka to a wide range of stakeholders and beneficiaries.
To support our mission of giving European businesses the competitive edge through innovation, the Eureka Secretariat, based in Brussels (Etterbeek), is looking for a full time:
As part of a small, international and dedicated team you will take on the business analysis for applications internally developed in an Agile environment.
Eureka has been developing a funding management web platform for following up on projects from when they are submitted until they are finalised and we can measure their impact on the economy. This management platform has been implemented for a single funding programme so far, but with your help, we will integrate additional funding programmes to create a unified experience across all the programmes Eureka supports.
Apart from this platform, there are secondary specialised platforms that will require further improvements, as well as potential new development projects where we need your skills.
We are looking for a proactive, self-driven and dynamic professional, who’s good at translating business needs into clear requirements, to join our team and take on these responsibilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with users and stakeholders to elicit, analyse, document and communicate business needs through e.g., interviews, walk-throughs, modelling, etc.
- Develop and document business and functional requirements, use cases and business process flows
- Participate in design and testing activities
- Develop and document business rules and test cases
- Work with the project team to ensure that the project meets business requirements
- Act as the primary contact point for business requirements with colleagues in the IT team
- Translate technical and architectural issues so that project/programme stakeholders can understand and make effective decisions
- Validate released features to be compliant with requirements and user expectations
- Define project scopes, current situations and desired project outcomes in collaboration with the project manager and product owner
- Find root causes for problems, possible optimisations and propose solutions in existing and future processes
- Thoroughly document and communicate outcomes of efforts
Education and experience
- A level of higher education corresponding to a bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study, preferably with a master's degree
- Relevant professional experience of at least two years
- Practical and/or conceptual knowledge of software development
- Knowledge of database usage and SQL
- Experience with modelling tools
- Experience in an Agile environment
Personality and skills
- A positive, flexible and highly motivated team player, with the ability to work independently, manage deadlines and focus on results
- As a member of a multinational team: sensitivity to cultural differences
- Able to challenge ideas and views of stakeholders in a cross-cultural work environment
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Good time-management skills
- Excellent people skills
What we offer you
- A full-time position with an open-ended contract
- A competitive salary, taking into account education level and previous professional experience
- Attractive benefits, including homeworking two days a week, additional holidays, pension plan and hospitalisation insurance, free public transport to commute to the office, meal vouchers, etc.
- An international and dynamic team of roughly 35 employees from 16 different countries
- Eureka strongly lives by the values of trust, transparency, passion, creativity, autonomy, collaboration, work-life balance and diversity across all our teams and our whole network of customers and partners
- A nice and modern working environment, close to the centre of Brussels and the European quarter and easily reachable by public transport (Merode)
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the European Union.
The selected candidate should be available to start as soon as possible.
Application and closing date
Please send you CV and motivation letter, completing the application form via the online APPLY button.
By sending an application, candidates give their consent to their diplomas and references being verified.
The Eureka Association is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: Monday 24 April 2023, 5pm Brussels time