Call for applications:
Trainee in Programme Management (Eurostars)
Trainee in Programme Management (Global)
Hybrid office/home - Brussels (Merode), Belgium
Have you recently graduated? Last year, we launched the Eureka traineeship programme, offering graduates the opportunity to continue their learning journey, while working as part of a talented, 40-strong international team right next to the Cinquantenaire Park. You’d be putting into practice knowledge gained during your studies, while supporting us in our daily work to promote innovation beyond borders.
We are looking for a trainee in our Programme Management team, to start in September 2024. You do not necessarily have previous experience in project management or EU funding programmes, but you must demonstrate a high level of fluency in English, our language of communication with experience and an interest in furthering your skills in this field of analytical thinking, project management related to Research and Innovation projects.
What is Eureka?
Eureka is the world’s biggest public network for international cooperation in R&D and innovation. Since 1985, governments and public funding agencies in our network have supported the R&D of over 7,000 ground-breaking commercialised innovations that have positively impacted economic growth and industry competitiveness. With several programmes, our network funds small, medium and large companies, universities and research organisations who undertake international R&D projects for civilian purpose.
The Secretariat is made up of 13 different nationalities, where English is the language of communication. The team supports the network’s strategic objectives, manages programme operations, develops and maintains IT platforms, stores data and promotes Eureka to a wide range of stakeholders and beneficiaries. It is also responsible for the implementation of the Eurostars and Innowwide programmes, dedicated to highly innovative SMEs and co-funded by Eureka countries and the European Union as part of the Horizon Europe framework programme.
Programme Management team
Our Programme Management team is in charge of different programmes that aim to support SMEs and other type of companies to innovate via collaborative projects.
Eurostars is the largest international funding programme for SMEs wishing to collaborate internationally on R&D projects that create innovative products, processes or services for commercialisation. The team running the programme counts nine staff members and they coordinate all stages of the programme.
The trainee in this team will take part in the evaluation processes and the monitoring of a portfolio of R&D projects involving companies from across Europe and beyond.
The Global operational team behind the Network projects, Globalstars, Innowwide, Clusters and Investment Readiness programme is composed of 4 team members.
Working in this team, the trainee will contribute to the development and implementation of these programmes. The role offers an introduction to public administration, research funding, corporate and private investment and international cooperation.
The following skills would be an advantage:
- Qualification in business studies, international relations, European studies, political science, project management or economics.
- Analytical thinking with the ability to handle both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Service minded and a team player.
- Methodical with administrative work - well organised and able to multitask.
We’re also looking for a colleague with a:
- Service-oriented attitude.
- Reliable and organised approach to collaboration.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and ability to act with diplomacy.
- Positive and flexible approach.
- Highly motivated, team-player mindset, with the ability to work independently and manage their own deadlines.
- Proficiency in Office 365 software, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Experience Data BO, Stats is advantageous.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken, as the language of communication at Eureka. Other languages an advantage.
Our traineeships are open to those legally entitled to work in Belgium with post-secondary education of at least three years, attested by a diploma.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s graduates will be employed via a professional immersion agreement (Bruxelles Formation/VDAB)) and will receive an indemnity of 977.50 EUR gross/month (21 years and over) – index 2023.
- Those still enrolled in a Master’s degree programme will receive an indemnity depending on their university’s conditions for internships as part of their studies.
- In addition to the above indemnity, a trainee receives:
- meal vouchers of eight euro per workday,
- a 148 euro net monthly allowance for homeworking costs,
- reimbursement of home-office public transport
- one day of leave per worked calendar month.
- Hybrid working with the freedom to work from home up to two days a week.
Application and closing date
- Send a motivation letter accompanied by your CV, completing the application form via the online APPLY button and clearly precising your department of preference: Eurostars or Global.
- By applying, candidates give their consent to their diplomas and references being verified.
- Closing date: Monday 15 January 2024 17:00 Brussels time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted within one month of the application deadline. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
The Eureka traineeship programme has two annual rounds - in February and September, for a duration of five months.
Don't miss your chance to shape the future with Eureka!
 The file of the successful applicant will have to be submitted to Bruxelles Formation which will give its approval or not within a period of 10 days from the date of reception. The trainee may only start their traineeship after having received approval from Bruxelles Formation